- 1 1/2 pounds round red or white potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white or cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped ( 1/2 cup)
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Paprika, if desired
- 1 Place potatoes in 3-quart saucepan; add enough water to cover potatoes. Cover and heat to boiling; reduce heat to low. Cook covered 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain. Let stand until cool enough to handle. Cut potatoes into cubes.
- 2 Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in large glass or plastic bowl.
- 3 Add potatoes, celery and onion; toss. Stir in eggs. Sprinkle with paprika. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to blend flavors and chill. Store covered in refrigerator.