Chicken with Lemon Sage Sauce
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
6 eggs, whole
1/4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup fresh Romano cheese, grated
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tsp dry)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chopped (or 2 tsp dry)
4 ea 6oz. chicken breasts, boneless skinless
split 2 cups flour, seasoned with salt and black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil (or as needed)
LEMON SAGE SAUCE
1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
1 Tbsp garlic, chopped
2 Tbsp fresh sage, finely chopped
2 Tbsp parsley, chopped (or 2 tsp dry)
1/4 cup lemon juice
t 1/2 cup white wine
1 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. PICCATTA BATTER
- COMBINE eggs, cheeses, parsley and basil together in a large mixing bowl.
- POUND chicken breasts until ¼” thick. Dredge chicken in the flour mixture and dip it in the Piccata batter; coat evenly on both sides.
- HEAT olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Place chicken in the skillet and fry until edges are golden brown on each side. Transfer chicken from skillet into a baking pan.
- BAKE in a 350ºF oven for 5-6 minutes, until juices run clear.
- DRAIN 3/4 of the oil from skillet and add the shallots, garlic and herbs. Saute over medium heat until shallots are transparent. Add lemon juice, white wine and reduce liquid by 1/2. Add heavy cream and simmer until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- REMOVE pan from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- POUR ¼ cup of sauce on plate and place chicken on top. Serve immediately.