- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
3 tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Flour for dredging
4-5 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 tablespoons of butter
salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 lemons, one sliced thinly and one juiced, alternatively I have used lemon juice concentrate and that has worked very well too.
- Split and butterfly the chicken. Pound the chicken 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Alternatively, buy thinly sliced chicken breast and you can skip to step 2.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to medium-high. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dredge in flour, shaking off the excess. Pour 1 or 2 tbsp. EVOO into the preheated skillet, two turns of the pan. Working in batches, brown the chicken lightly on each side, adding more EVOO as necessary.
- Melt the butter into the drippings. Add the lemon slices and lightly brown. Add the garlic and stir 1 minute. Add the capers. Deglaze the pan with the wine and add the lemon juice and the parsley. Coat chicken with the sauce. Serve with slices of the warm bread.